Madras chicken curry
Ingredients (Serves 2)
-4 chicken drumsticks, slotted
-1 fresh tomato, grated
-1 onion, chopped
-1/2 liter, seasoned chicken stock
-1tbs, vegetable cooking oil plus extra for marinating
-3tbs, tomato paste
-2tsp, Madras curry powder
-2tsp, mixed spices
-2tbs, fresh coriander finely chopped
-1inch ginger root, finely minced
-1garlic clove, finely minced
1. Marinate the slotted chicken drumsticks with garlic, ginger, salt and cooking oil (1tbs), cover and set aside for 10minutes
2. Warm a pan, add remaining cooking oil, fry onions until lightly browned
3. Add chicken, fry until sides are lightly browned while turning occasionally, 5minutes (medium heat)
4. Season with Madras curry powder, mixed spices, fresh tomato and tomato paste.
5. Add chicken stock, cover and let simmer until tender, 15minutes
6. Serve garnished with fresh coriander.
The chicken used in this recipe is kroiler, although broiler chicken can also be used. If you prefer local Ugandan chicken, use 4 liters of stock and simmer longer for it to become soft.
A curry suitable for serving with your rice, posho and millet bread dishes
© 2021 Eunie's Kitchen. All rights reserved | Website by Buzen Technologies