Recipe serves 4
- 400g, all purpose flour
- a pinch of baking soda
- 4 teaspoons, baking powder
- 1 tablespoon, margarine
- 80g, white sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups, water
- 2 cups, vegetable cooking oil
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sift well.
2. Add to the mix in (1) sugar and margarine, mix well until crumbly
3. Add water and mix well
4. Knead about 10 minutes to ensure softness and crunchiness, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Roll out mandazi dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and deep fry until golden brown.
Serve as desired.
For your teas and juices
© 2023 Eunie's Kitchen. All rights reserved | Website by Buzen Technologies